Friday, February 5, 2016

Koala Birthday Wishes

This card looks awful similar to the last card I posted.  This card was for another color challenge, this one was much easier for me.  The colors are Soft Sky, So Saffron and Smoky Slate.  My girls absolutely fell in love with the Kind Koala stamp set when it first came out in the catalog, they have used it but I must admit this is the first time that I have used the stamp set.


I needed another birthday card so I decided to swap out the flower for a balloon and get rid of the words.  I used post-it notes to mask off the areas that didnt want to get ink on.  I accidentally masked off a little too much of the inside of the ear where the flower stem crossed over so I had to draw it back in with a marker after I watercolored.  I stamped the image with Staz-On ink onto watercolor paper and then colored them in with an aquapainter and Smoky Slate ink.  The balloon was colored with Soft Sky ink and the bow is So Saffron.  This little koala always put a smile on my face when I see it, and it reminds me of my childhood when I really wanted a koala as a pet.  (so that it could live on the neck of my pet giraffe that I wanted too.)

Stamps: Kind Koala, Honeycomb Happiness, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Stazon, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Smoky Slate
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, So Saffron, Watercolor Paper, Perfectly Artistic DSP 
Accessories:  Subtles Candy Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Decorative Label Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment